Welcome to the Department of Cinema Studies
Numerous resources are available on campus and within the department to assist students in their college career. Cinema Studies offers support in several areas for students:
- Academic Advising: Cinema Studies advisors are available to help plan curriculum and investigate internship opportunities. Visit the Advising page for more information and to set-up an appointment.
- Declare the Cinema Studies Major: Declaring the Cinema Studies major is easy! Simply complete and submit the online form here.
- Degree Requirements: Information about Cinema Studies Major Degree Requirements, a quick reference checklist for the Cinema Studies major degree requirements, and Cinema Studies course offerings are located on the website.
- Job and Internship Search: Looking for a job or internship? Visit the Cinema Studies Jobs and Internship Database for current and past opportunities. Information on registering for internship credit is available here.
- Speaker Series: Throughout the academic year, Cinema Studies brings media scholars and industry professionals to campus for public conversations with students, faculty, and the community through the Cinema Scholars Series, the Working Filmmakers Series, and the Harlan J. Strauss Visiting Filmmaker Endowment.
- Multimedia Center: The Cinema Studies Multimedia Center includes a computer lab and equipment room, located in Knight Library. The computer lab is open to all UO Students and is stocked with 27-inch iMacs fully loaded with Avid Media Composer 7.0 (the TV and film industry standard editing software), Apple’s Final Cut X, and Adobe Creative Suite 6 including After Effects and Premiere. Students enrolled in production courses have cameras, light kits, and supporting equipment available for check-out through the Cinema Studies Equipment Room and the Center for Media and Technology (CMET).