Cinema Studies is currently accepting applications for Student Lab Monitors for the 2017-18 academic year
Deadline to Apply: 8:00 a.m. Monday, September 11, 2017
The student Lab Monitor works in the Cinema Studies Lab located in 267 Knight Library. The primary duties are managing the lab space and providing customer assistance for students using computers during open lab times. The Lab Monitor’s other responsibilities include trouble shooting computer issues, interpreting policies, assisting students with production software, and other routine duties.
- 6-12 hours per week during the fall, winter and spring academic terms
- Must be enrolled full time (12 credits) UO student
- Work study is required
- Shifts are scheduled during open lab times around the availability of the lab monitor
- Most available shifts are in the evenings and on weekends
- Pay is $10.25 per hour
- Basic computer trouble shooting (Macintosh computer knowledge helpful.)
- Familiarity with standard software suites (Preference for Final Cut X and Adobe Suite)
- Customer Service experience
- Student Lab Monitor must be self motivated as they work independently in the lab with minimal supervision.
HOW TO APPLY:
Links to the electronic application are available on the Cinema Studies and Career Center websites, as well as our Facebook page. To apply for the Lab Monitor position, please submit this online lab monitor application.
Applications must be submitted by September 11th at 8:00am. Interviews will be conducted prior to the beginning of Fall term.