This is a drop-in lab open for general use by all students, staff and faculty. Classes are not scheduled during this time.
Fall Term 2021 Open Lab Hours
- Monday – Thursday: 2:00 pm* to 12:00 midnight**
- Friday & Saturday: 12:00 noon to 7:00 pm
- Sunday 12:00 noon to 12:00 midnight**
*The lab will be closed Monday and Wednesday from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm during weeks 1 through 6.
**The lab will close at 9:00 pm Sunday through Thursday during weeks 1 and 2.
Note: The Lab will be closed Thursday, November 11th in observance of Veterans Day. The Lab will also close at 5:00 pm on Wednesday, November 24th for the Thanksgiving Break and will re-open Sunday, November 28th at noon. The Lab will close for the Winter Break on Thursday, December 9th at midnight.
COVID Lab Policies:
- Face coverings are required to work in the lab. Please make sure you bring a face covering with you and wear it correctly during your time in the lab.
- When using a computer in the lab you are expected to wash or sanitize your hands before and after your work. You are also expected to disinfect your work space (tabletop, keyboard and mouse) before and after you use the computer.
- Please perform a Symptom Self Check before coming to campus. Do not come to campus if you feel sick or unwell. More information can be found at coronavirus.uoregon.edu/regulations#health-checks.
Lab Calendar and Computer Availability
Please check the lab calendar page for the most up-to-date lab availability. Visit the lab usage page to learn the current lab activity level and how many computers are available. The lab usage page will be updated at least three times daily (and more during heavy usage times).
This classroom is scheduled for academic instruction 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Monday through Friday by department schedulers. Priority scheduling is reserved for Cinema Studies classes.
Room Scheduling Process
All academic class room requests and any ad hoc requests are submitted to Dr. André Sirois, Instructor & Multimedia Supervisor at cinemastudiessuper@cas.
Ad Hoc Requests
Requests for using the lab on an ad hoc basis are limited to one (1) request per class section per week and are treated on a first come, first serve basis. These requests will be accepted starting four weeks prior to the first day of the academic term.