The student who is eligible for this award meets the following criteria:
- Students must be currently enrolled as a full or double major in the University of Oregon Cinema Studies Department.
- Students must submit the online application form and submit a copy of the essay to be considered for the award. A faculty member may also nominate a student for an award by submitting the online faculty nomination form.
- Papers will be accepted from a course taught in Spring 2018, Fall 2018, or Winter 2019.
- Individuals must agree to contribute their projects to the permanent collections of the University of Oregon Cinema Studies Collection and the UO Scholars’ Bank digital repository.
- Eligible projects must have been completed for an upper-division (300 – 400 level) UO credit course in Cinema Studies (not limited to the courses with CINE course numbers).
- To be considered for this competition, an essay should be a final paper that is 8-10 pages in length, preferably formatted in 12 point Times New Roman or other standard font, with one-inch margins. The student’s name should appear on each page along with the page number.
- The deadline for student applications and faculty nominations is Friday, April 5, 2019 at noon (pst).